Monday, January 3, 2011

365 Days

365 days I have lived without my mom here on earth. When I first learned that I would have to go through this, I didn't think I'd be able to do it - but I guess I didn't really have a choice.
Maybe I was able to do it because I still feel her so close to me everyday. Maybe I was able to do it because I love my sisters and brother who have all stepped up to help each other out when it was needed. Maybe I was able to do it because I have an amazing dad who has made sure to check in with each of us and has even started gabbing on the phone for hours! Maybe I was able to do it because I know about the plan of salvation and I know that this separation is just temporary. Maybe I was able to do it because I have the best husband ever who lets me have my "sweats days" and doesn't complain.
The point is that I made it, we made it. Am I a better person for it? Hopefully. Do I want to do it again? Never. But there are things I have learned that I would have only learned from this experience. The most important thing I have learned, and what my mom always taught us, is that family is EVERYTHING.
I love you mom!


3 comments:

  1. Nice tribute April. I love you mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, I literally have tears in my eyes as I type this. What a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sitting here staring at your blog with the side pictures of your mom, and lindsey. I cant believe you have lost both of them. Its like it hit me all over again. You are a true strength for me thanks

    ReplyDelete