Monday, August 15, 2016

A Perfect Brightness of Hope

I was excited that I got to go to girls camp this year, especially since I got to go with Megan!! It was her first year and she was the ONLY first year there! But she was super brave and went and the girls were so nice to her and we both had a blast! If you're wondering why I look like death in all the pictures, it's because I got off my death bed to go to camp. I got super sick after coming home from Seattle and even had to miss the 1st day so I could just lay and be still. Of course, Toby was out of town because that's just the way it is when I get sick. But the boys were happy about it. I let them play uncle Greg's nintendo 64 for at least 4 hours, and I didn't care just as long as they weren't bugging me! Really, it was a miracle I was able to make it up there but I needed to be up there with my girls! I was the only leader that would be there for the mia maids and I have 13 girls I needed to bond with! It all turned out wonderful and great memories were made.
The first day about did me in because we went to the USU ropes course. It was so much fun! The girls had a blast and talked about it the rest of the week. I even managed to do all the courses!
We camped in a beautiful area and I was wishing I had time to just sit and read a book with the beautiful view. Our theme was "A Perfect Brightness of Hope" which I loved. One night we even lit up our "hope" tree. I don't have a lot of pics because I wasn't supposed to have my phone out but I couldn't resist for a few!

Megan is on the left in the black. This was called the giant ladder and was the hardest one.

This was Megan on the flying fox. When you got to the top you could see the Logan temple.

I'm about to get flung in the air.


We got back to camp and me and another leader rigged up a slip n slide. Me & Megan showed them how to do it! The girls couldn't understand why I could go so fast. I told them to gain another 75lbs. and they'd be good!
 
The "hope" tree. The girls wrote down things that they hoped for.

The human sling shot was a big hit.

The views were amazing!


Our YCL's that I snuck out to get ice cream at the USU creamery! It was a success, no one found out and I didn't get fired!

No comments:

Post a Comment