Monday, August 22, 2016

Mega is 12!!!

Right after she got her braces. Obviously the pain hadn't set in yet.
I'm not quite sure how this happened. I told Megan not to let it happen, but it did. She turned 12. She was soooo excited. I was excited for her but a little sad because I know from here on out she will be doing lots of amazing things, most will be without me there. But I'll be there cheering her on from the sidelines, because I know she has great things in front of her. (Side note, so I don't forget: When brother Matsen had Megan come up to the stand during sacrament meeting to acknowledge her graduation from primary, he even got choked up when talking about how amazing she is. There's something special about her...)
We started off Megan's birthday early by getting her braces on! Poor girl! But I really didn't want her to miss school to get them on, plus this should mean she'll get them off before school starts next year. She's still learning how to eat with them, can't really get her lips over them and has figured out how to keep the pain away!
Then next day she woke up to a yummy breakfast and we opened presents then because she and I were both going to mutual that night and wouldn't have time for presents. We got her her very own unicycle so she doesn't have to keep using Toby's big one. And new scriptures. These ones are extra special because they were her Aunt Lindsey's and she's excited to have them.
We also had a birthday party for her with some of her friends at Get Air. They all had a blast and I was proud of them for not "trying to look cool" too much! They're a great group of girls and I'm glad Megan has chosen her friends so well!


The new scriptures.

The new unicycle.

The traditional Fiiz drinks.

I think Sam & Max were more excited for Megan's birthday than she was!



Kate, Cadie, Megan, Malissa, Hailey, Brooklyn, Kennadi, Gracelyn

1 comment:

  1. Two comments: Megan truly does have a special light about her, and what a special gift to now have Lindsey's scriptures. I know Megan will cherish them.

    ReplyDelete