Thursday, April 6, 2017

Coronado

A week after we got back from Mexico, Toby and I went to San Diego - Coronado island to be more exact. It was for Toby's big wine them and dine them weekend with the clients and I was supposed to go and look pretty. Toby had a few clients there that kept him busy, which was fine with me because as soon as they started talking shop, I was out of there. I spent hours by the pool, watched Gilmore Girls, read lots of good books, and got a facial. It was hard, but someone had to do it.
Going to Coronado was cool because I've read lots of books about the Navy Seals being trained there. I found out they were just starting their training that weekend and some people had seen them out running, but unfortunately I didn't see anyone.
The island has the cutest houses, I could totally live there when I'm a millionaire, it was hard to find a house that was only 1 million dollars and that was with 1 bedroom, most were a couple million. There's also a cool huge hotel called The Dell of Coronado that we explored, it was amazing!
We also got to go sailing, which I've always wanted to do. I love riding on boats going fast, but it was 10 times better being on a boat going fast with silence since there's no motor. I loved it, but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
My room key - you know you're not in Utah anymore!

Eating dessert I snagged from the dinner while watching Gilmore Girls! Perfect night!

The view from our room.

I'm steering, I wasn't very good.

We sailed to that bridge and back. That's San Diego over yonder.

Toby got a turn too.


Yes, I'm holding 3 beers. Everyone had gotten their beers out to drink because they thought they were done working the ropes, but then some wind came and we had to change everything so I offered to hold everyone's drinks! They smelled bad!


This ceiling was built with no nails! Amazing!


This was the huge lobby, I just loved the elevator. It still looks old with the wire cage and an old man that pushes the buttons for you!

These are called the "Taft" chairs after President Taft. They were built to hold his girth.

A dragon tree! These were all over in Toby's mission.

For the kids - birthday cake ice cream! It tasted just like cake, but you only needed one bite.

This is piles and piles of sea shells! It was crazy! I've never seen anything like it. I loved walking all over them and hearing them crunch. I also found 12 beautiful, white sand dollars! That's never happened either!

Our resort. And yes, even Toby's boss has noticed he only wears orange. He saw us on the flight home and asked Toby why he didn't have any orange on. How embarrassing.

1 comment:

  1. There were crazy amounts of little sea shells like those in Long Beach too! The kids put a bunch in a bucket with water and little slimy things came out of them.

    ReplyDelete