Saturday, November 18, 2017

YW in Excellence

I know this really isn't a big deal, but it's a big deal to me and took lots of time so feel free to skip over this post!
I was in charge of YW in Excellence again, and once again, I was tried to find a theme that was not only simple, but cheap! I succeeded in both areas! I pulled it off only spending $70 and it turned out pretty well. The theme was Create Your Own Sunshine. Hence all the yellow. Good thing I'm a fan of yellow. I played a video about light from Elder Bednar that's really awesome and I'll post it at the bottom in case you want to watch, it's real good. I wish the YW were more into Personal Progress, but unfortunately I think PP is a thing of the past for most people. It's no longer a priority, which is sad because it's a great program.
Anyway, the kids and husband were happy for this to be over so they could have their mom and wife back. I was also happy to see my dining room table again, it was covered for a couple of weeks leading up to the program.
After this was over I got to go spend a few days in Seattle snuggling Henry. And I know this is a cheesy word to describe him, but he is delightful! Seriously, the cutest baby I've ever seen. I'm so glad he is with such an amazing family and gets to brighten their day while they go through some stressful things. One of my favorite things to watch was when any of his brothers walked in the room. Henry's whole face would light up - he adores those brothers! I even got to experience one of their big storms and the power went out for a full 24 hours! It started to get cold, but I was good because instead of putting Henry down for a nap in his crib, I just held him to keep us both warm. Pure heaven!

 The table for the girls to display their projects
 The dessert table with frames on the end that I made for each girl that said "Stop seeking out the storms and Enjoy more fully the Sunlight"


 Singing the closing number
My poor table.

I miss this kid!!

1 comment:

  1. Henry misses you too! Thanks for coming. And you pulled off an amazing YW in Excellence. Sad that PP is a thing of the past. Our generation is dropping the ball on so many good things.

    ReplyDelete