Friday, February 9, 2018

All About Megan

 
Megan received her Young Women medallion this week. Yes, you read that right, her medallion - she's only 13. Most YW get it when they're Laurels, but not Megan. She went to New Beginnings for her 1st time and heard all the laurels encourage the new girls to get it done while they're in beehives, because it gets harder to do the older you get. Well, Megan must've taken this to heart and got to work. We are so proud of her. My sisters like to call Megan 'Practically Perfect Megan', and they are right. Toby and I can't take any credit for it. Well, maybe Toby. But I'm just trying not to screw her up. On a daily basis, you can hear me tell her, 'Don't be like me Megan', so she must be obeying!! After she received her necklace, the YW President asked her to share her testimony, and I loved what she said, "The reason I got done doing this so fast was because I loved the way it made me feel. I knew that what I was doing was bringing me closer to Heavenly Father, and that's a good thing." She is very wise!
 We got Megan a cactus - her and her friends are obsessed with them. They are pretty cute!
 (By the way - don't let that little girl on the right fool you! She was running under all the tall people and stealing the ball. Word got around in the ward, and people started coming to watch just to see her. It was awesome.)
We also had our stake YW basketball tournament, and our ward took 2nd place. We could've taken first but Toby was the ref and wouldn't call fouls on the other team! - not really, I just really like to say this to him because it makes him REALLY mad and Toby never gets mad so sometimes it's nice to see that he's human. Anyway - Megan was a HUGE help to her team and lots of people asked me if she was on the school team. Too bad dance gets in the way!
 Megan and her good friend Ellie performed a duet in the school's solo ensemble competition and I was really impressed! Especially considering Megan has never taken any private lessons. I love that Megan isn't afraid to try new things!

1 comment: