Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Adventure Awaits

June didn't slow down for us. I helped plan girls camp and then Toby & I both helped out with stake youth conference (more on that later). But being busy means no bored kids, so that's nice!
Girls camp was awesome! I'm glad I've had the chance to go to girls camp now because I REALLY didn't enjoy girls camp when I grew up, so I get to pretend I'm doing it all over again! The theme was Adventure Awaits.
We went to a super nice cabin in Oakley. It was sooo nice to be able to sleep in a bed (the girls were all in tents outside), that's the way to do it! I was in charge of finding a service project, so I called the city to see if there was something we could do and they were soooo happy we called and asked if we could paint the rodeo arena! Of course, we were excited to do that. And we got WAY more done that what they ever expected. So if you go to the Oakley rodeo, enjoy the new paint job!
 We started out doing some repelling up by the B. It was so hot that day! But the girls loved it!

Hanging out at the cabin - it was so nice to be able to come inside!
The woman sitting on the couch is one of our newest leaders, Melanie. The girls adore her. Pretty much she was always surrounded by girls like this while they listened to every word she said. I don't blame them, I think she's pretty awesome too!
Painting the indoor arena - we painted the outdoor one too.


Twinning is winning! Krista & I decided we are the exact opposites - physically. It's pretty funny. I yelled for her whenever I needed something high, and she made me crawl in the cubby hole whenever she needed something from there.

This is just a pretty picture of the cabin we stayed in and the pretty cliff behind it.
This is our YW Pres., Colette, she had an awesome fireside one night where she went around the circle and asked each person those 7 questions. They could only pass on 1. It was awesome and I highly recommend it. I enjoyed it more than the testimony mtg. The last question is What is one thing we can do for you? (ministering) Interestingly - most everyone just said 'smile at me'. Everyone just wants/needs a friend!
This was my big project I helped with. One Sunday we had each YW take a turn standing in front of a chalk board while everyone else wrote compliments about that girl on the chalkboard. The YW wasn't able to turn around to see what the girls wrote, and then we took a picture, erased everything and moved on to the next girl. So now each girl has a picture proof of all the good things people think about them. Then we set all their pictures up on the last night of camp and tied a string from them to the picture of Christ. We also put a bunch of white lights on the tree behind. We unveiled it when it was dark - and it looked awesome! It may be the new tradition (if I'm around that long).


1 comment:

  1. That last idea is pure genius! And wow! you've been busy! And wow! The UT youth get some seriously cool experiences.

    ReplyDelete