Tuesday, September 18, 2018

School 2018


School could not start soon enough for me. The last 2 weeks before it started was torcher. I really thought about leaving and coming back after it started. We had a super busy summer so I thought having the 2 weeks before school started just to relax and be at home would be a good thing - was so NOT true. The whining and fighting was at an all time high. In fact, it got so bad that I quit being their mom for 3 days. That's right. I always tell my kids not to hang out with kids that put them down, or make them feel bad about themselves. On morning I had Max yelling at me from one end of the kitchen and Sam yelling at me from the other. So I quit. No breakfast, lunch or dinner came from me or rides anywhere. Toby was under strict instructions not to go above and beyond. The kids were on their own. It was awesome and I will probably do it again sometime.
Now back to what this post is really about. School. Megan started 9th grade and is on the school dance team. She dances during all her waking hours and it wouldn't surprise me if she danced in her sleep! But she's happy, and that's all that matters.
Max is in the 4th grade and they all ready put him in SEM which is for super smart kids so they don't get bored of school. He has a great teacher this year, Mrs. Gundry, and all his friends are in his class, so he's happy.
Sam is in 2nd grade this year. He has a new teacher Miss Peterson, and was nervous when I told him she was new. But then I showed him her picture and all was well with the world because she's cute! He comes home a sweaty mess because of global warming, and because he plays his guts out every recess playing football. He's obsessed.
And me, I'm in my 2nd year of having no kids home. It's lovely. I'm still not sure how I still feel so busy, but I'm still running around trying to get everything done before they get home and I become a taxi driver to all their events. But some of my running around consist of taking an amazing institute class, and doing fun classes at the gym, or going on hikes. So I'm happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment