Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No Coincidences

This is a picture of my sister Lindsey with her companion Sister Bannister on their mission in England. This was taken the weekend before my sister died. Tonight my family and I had the great pleasure of finally meeting Sister Bannister, who was the last person to see my sister in this lifetime.

After meeting her, I have come to the conclusion that there are no coincidences. It was not a coincidence that she was my sister's companion. She is a great girl from Idaho that I know Linz must have had a lot of fun with. She is also CPR certified, and after telling her story about that day, I know that this girl fought to save Lindsey just as much as any of us would have. She also had her own spiritual confirmation that Lindsey was needed elsewhere.
I also know that it was no coincidence that she had only been on her mission for 2 weeks. It was a terribly hard thing for her to go through, but through this experience she was able to preach the gospel to others in a way that let them know that she really believed in the Plan of Salvation.

She also shared with us many other things about Lindsey and the mission that we didn't know. It is no coincidence that Lindsey bought a little yellow flower pin at a grocery store and wore it on the lapel of her coat for most of her mission. The reason she bought the pin? The proceeds went to cancer research.

She also shared with us that when Lindsey's mission president was on his mission, that his companion also died. Coincidence? I think not.

It was wonderful to visit with Sister Bannister. The spirit was in the room and I know Lindsey was there. We were once again reminded that everything happens for a reason, although that reason may not be known in this lifetime. But the Lord is kind and put all of these special people in Lindsey's life and ours to ease the pain. And so Lindsey's legacy continues to live on, and we try to live our lives the best that we can so that we can see her again.

3 comments:

  1. Wow April! That was a really neat post. Thanks for sharing that. Aren't we so blessed to know that the things of this life are not coincidences. The Lord truly has his hand in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that. I always love to come to your blog (betcha didn't know that I do often) just to check up on things and how the spjute fam is doing. Ryan and I are living in Moses Lake, WA. so I get to see what's happenig via blogging. HOpe you don't mind, but I just love reading your posts because the way you write reminds me of Linz...just the way'd she'd talk. I am constantly reminded of her everyday and thank heavenly father for letting me have such a friend, a friend that i'll probably never have like she was again...so i have to remind myself that instead of being sad it's over, i have to rejoice that it happened. love you guys and my prayers are with your mom, what a fighter she is...send my love, please.

    heatha G. williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat. Thanks for sharing that. What a special time that must have been. You are right, it doesn't seem like any coincidence at all. It is good to hear about this. So again, thanks for sharing for all of us to feel it as well.

    ReplyDelete