Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Day A Groupon Changed My Life

Yes, it's true, a groupon saved my life - that and a guy named Matt.
It all began when my sister called to tell me there was a groupon for a really nice hair salon in Salt Lake. We heard good things about it so I went ahead and bought it. Then I made my appointment, I had no idea who it was going to be with or what it would be like but I wanted to see if they had any new tips for my crazy hair. My hair has become more and more frizzy with each pregnancy, even though I was always told the opposite. I can barely get a pick through it and most of the time I just have to run my fingers through it and hope that the tangles will eventually lay flat. Most days I feel like Monica from friends.So the day came, and I went in and met a guy named Matt (this was the first time I'd ever had a guy cut my hair) who was about to change my life. I sat down in the chair and said, "My hair looks like a Christmas tree, any ideas?" He said, "Yes it does, and yes I do." and proceeded to tell me about a Brazilian Blowout (I know it sounds kinky, but it's really okay) that would tame The Tree.
I told him to go for it and 3 hours later I walked out feeling like a...woman! I finally had hair that I could do something with, be it curly or straight. And this morning I BRUSHED my hair for the first time in over a year! I almost cried.
I realize this is a long post just about hair. But this is a BIG deal for me. I almost kissed Matt's feet when I left the salon and Toby can't stop running his fingers through it. Megan saw me and told me to never do it curly again.

8 comments:

  1. I never thought you had bad hair, but that looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Holy cow! I bet you'll go to him forever now. Makes me want to try it to see if he has any amazing things for me:) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying I'm so jealous. Oh well. I should be used to being "the not-as-cute-as-her-sisters" Spjute girl.
    No really, you look incredible. Everyone needs an awesome makeover like that, especially when prego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SMOKES! Just talked to Leesh(how the heck do you spell that?) and she told me to check out your blog. It looks fantastic and I can't wait to touch it!
    Congratulations on your new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to the male hair dressers I have had Lance my hair dresser for 3 yrs now and I would never go back You look beautiful Mir

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stylist keeps trying to get me to try the Brazilian Blowout! Sounds like it's for real! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It truly is wonderful and you are beautiful. I can't wait to run my fingers through it....again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous!!! Im making my appointment asap. :)

    ReplyDelete