Thursday, January 18, 2018

This and That

Owen Wilson (Sam) fighting T-Rex(Toby)
Normally, I would tell you that we're in the depressing part of winter because it's cold outside and we're stuck inside. But the spring weather we've been having has been awesome. Other than the global warming part - I quite like it!
The kids managed to build a snowman before the snow melted - it's completely gone now.

I took the kids out of school to go to President Monson's viewing. We did it when Pres. Hinckley died, and I thought it was a good experience. I forgot that Sam wasn't around when we were having lots of funerals in our family, so he wasn't quite prepared to see a dead body. He thought it was creepy. When he got home from school I asked him if he had told his friends where he'd been that morning and he looked at me with a shocked look and said, "No way! I don't want them to know I saw a dead body! That's so creepy!" Oh, Sam.
KSL did a story on the viewing and we made it in the background of some pictures! Mostly we were just in the way, how embarrassing. While we were there, I could tell they were trying to get pics of Sam and his orange hair, but of course, Sam was not cooperating.
 Giving Max a ride.
Max is in a class for at school for kids that are extra smart. They all memorized a short story and performed it for the parents. Max did a great job and ended up memorizing a few stories that the other kids performed. He can memorize anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment