Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mom

My mom is the best mom in the whole world! (Sorry to all you other people out there! :)) This post is for her because not only did this tragedy happen the day before Mother's Day, it happened a couple of days before her birthday!
Mom, I love you so much! You have been amazing through this whole thing! All my friends say you must be an amazing person to be going through this, and you are!
Looking at this picture reminded me of how bad Megan's first year was. And you were always there willing to help and to give words of encouragement. You are the best.
Thank you for teaching me about the gospel and for helping me through my hard times of late. I know our Heavenly Father loves you so much because I can feel it every time I walk into your house. You've always taught us kids what is really important in life and I think that is why our family is so close. I love that I can talk to you about anything, and I know all the other siblings feel the same way. I know you and Linz had such a special bond. She loved you so much and I know she loved living at home before she left on her mission. What a lucky girl to have a mom like you. I know she's in heaven telling everyone how great her family is, especially her mom! I hope I can be half as good a mom to my kids as you have been to yours! So hang in there! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. April I am so sorry. I've been thinking about you and your family before I even found out actually. I was in Baltimore when my mom found out about Lindsey and so I found out on Sunday. But for some reason I was thinking about how amazing your family is on Friday or Saturday. You are all such amazing people and amazing examples of Christ. It's so strange when I found out I started considering flying home for the funeral. I know I didn't have much interaction with Lindsey, but I felt as if a member of my own family had passed away. I mean we are all from the same ward family, it's pretty close if you ask me. We are praying for you and your family.
    Love, Mindy Page Chase
    P.S. I got to your blog through Melanie's and to Melanie's from a mutual friend from here. I would love to invite you to my blog if you would like, just e-mail me at mindy_page@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I hope it is okay if I post a comment. Brookly told me about your blog and I am so sorry to find out about the passing of your sister. We are going through a similar situation with James' younger brother dying unexpectedly a week ago on James' birthday. It has been so hard and we are working hard at getting by. I hope your family is finding a lot of comfort in each other and in the gospel! I will keep you in my prayers. Your mom sounds amazing.

    I love that you have the wicked song "for good" playing on your blog. That is one of my favorite songs and I haven't even thought of it lately. It seems to fit perfectly in this situation. And when you put the quote from Legacy on your post about meeting again in Zion, I had to laugh. That is one of James' favorite things to say. We have a lot in common!

    Good luck! I'm glad I got to read about you. If you want to visit my blog, you can also email me at libparr@hotmail.com and I will give you the info.

    ReplyDelete