Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tribute to Linz

I found out early this morning that my sister Lindsey died. She was only 23 years old and she was on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday-Saints in England. She was out jogging with her companion and just collapsed. She could not be revived. We know that she was called home, but we will miss her.
So here's to you Linz. Thanks for always being the person to remind us what's really important. Thanks for always making us laugh and for coming up with your funny sayings. You are such a beautiful, talented girl. You have made a great impact in this world as we can already tell by the people who have called and come to visit. Everyone thinks you are their bestfriend. Which you were. We will all miss you but we know that we will see you again. Megan will miss playing with her aunt Linz. You were her best friend. She was so excited to talk to you on Sunday. I will miss having fun with you. You always reminded me that it's okay to have fun! There is nothing to describe the pain I felt when I got that phone call, but I was also comforted knowing that you are where you need to be. So have fun up there, and don't forget us! I love you and will miss you!

April

"If we meet again, it will be Zion to me!" :)

5 comments:

  1. That picture of Lindsey is the best! We love you guys!

    Kaylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. April-
    There are no words to express how I feel and how sorry I am. Thank you for sharing your feelings at such a hard time.

    Grandma, Dave and I are praying for you and your family that the Lord will comfort you and send you peace. We know that Grandpa is taking care of Lindsey and together they are rejoicing and sharing laughter and tears.

    Ann said it best, "I'm sure Lindsey has already brightened the lights of heaven just like she brightened everything she touched."

    We are all better for knowing Lindsey and knowing how she lived her life; happy, positive, full of love for family, the Lord and her friends. There will always be a lot of laughter when we remember Lindsey and the things she did and tried. There were never any dull moments. What a great legacy she created in such a short time.

    We love you and look forward to seeing you, but are sad for the occasion that brings us together.

    Lisa, Grandma and David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Apes. I hope you guys are hanging in there, I hate being so far away at times like this, but know that we are thinking about you and are constantly in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi April. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Brooke Bredthauer (formerly Barrett) from high school. I just spent last night talking with my two brothers who knew Lindsey really well and attended the funeral. They told me that she was an amazing girl and I just wanted to let you know that your family is in our prayers. Thanks for your tribute to her, you are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh April, so neat to 'see' you again via your blog. So sad though to know that was your sister who passed away on her mission. My little sister is over in London right now for a study abroad program and eating all the rich food she can find. What a bum. Well, a bunch of us are on facebook.com for ldsh radiology if you want to join some friends. I hope you feel peace soon if not already.

    ReplyDelete