Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sam is 7!

Sam with his cool robot he built from Grandma Great!
Sam FINALLY turned 7! He's been counting down since last year, so it's been a long time coming. He was very upset that I wouldn't throw him a birthday party with his friends. But I reminded him that he will have one next year and that he has the wrong mom if he wants a party every year - not my thing. I told him Owen and Sofi were coming over and that would be a party - he was not impressed. (no offense Owen and Sof). Sam loved his day. His dad surprised him at lunch with some pizza, then his favorite thing was that he went to piano right after school! (Not at all, he was very angry with this). Then we had breakfast for dinner and the fam came over to help celebrate. He asked for a football cake and it turned out pretty awesome, and taste good! He got a new basketball, bat, a new quilt for his bed with sports balls on it (can you sense a theme) and lots of other fun stuff!
We love Sam in our family. He reminds us to have fun and not be boring. His Aunt Linz would be proud. Although his temper can go from happy, fun Sam to a raging demon from the dark abyss - we love him anyway. And although I mostly hate that he likes to push Max's buttons, it can get pretty funny. But usually they are best friends and I love that because they are night and day different. I also love that Sam comes home from school almost everyday to tell me that a new girl is in love with him. It's just a fact. He says it's ok, as long as they don't make him like them back! He still gets mad if people tell him he has red hair - it's orange in case you were wondering! And although he HATES practicing the piano - he's actually pretty good! He loves all sports and can't wait to try football this year.



Oh, and the weekend after Sam's bday, we went to my cousin Season's house for a St Patrick's Day lunch! It's always fun to see her and my Aunt Barbara, because I get to see a little of my Mom in them and listening to my aunt laugh is like hearing my Mom in the room again.
All the kids were out sledding while the adults gabbed.

Treats for the sledders!

No comments:

Post a Comment