Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Grand Canyon

We continued our "explore Utah" into our Spring Break. We drove to the Grand Canyon!! (I know, it's not technically in Utah, but pretty close!) After the GC, we went to Zion - we're big fans of Zion and can't wait to get back there. After Zion, Toby took the kids with him on a business trip to...Boise! I stayed home, it was glorious. I got so much done, but more on that later. We drove lots of miles (I need to add it up still) and the kids did fine. Minivans are the best and anyone that's anti minivan - well, I pitty the fool. My kids were entertained by movies, they weren't sitting close to each other so no one could poke the other one, plenty of room, headphones to watch movies so other people didn't have to listen to it, and pretty good gas mileage! Really, I could go on and on. The trip wouldn't have been fun without the van!
Before we went on our trip - we went to Lagoon on opening day and were the first ones in the park. The boys even grew so they can go on more rides! Hallelujah!

 We stopped at Glen Canyon Dam, which is right on the Arizona, Utah border. We were hoping to see water gushing through, but with no snow this year, we shouldn't have been surprised.

 When we stopped to get dinner, we passed this park and the kids demanded we let them out and play. No problem. Until the cops showed up to break up a drug deal. It was awesome. I was worried the kids were going to get stuck by a needle in the sand, but they were enjoying themselves too much for me to care.

 Our first stop in Grand Canyon was at the cool tower. Wish I could remember why it's there, but I don't. Ask Toby.

 Inside the Tower

 "The Biggest Hole in America" -Grandpa Spjute

 We walked/hiked 6 miles that day. Love it. The boys slept well that night.

 We all want to be like Megan
 Horseshoe Bend is my favorite place we've been to so far. The pictures can't compare to the real thing. It was beautiful!

And on we go to Zion...

No comments:

Post a Comment